I was dying to
That I didn’t need"
I was dying to
That I didn’t need
to try so hard to be perfect,
That i was enough
it was okay.
"I’ll be honest with you. I’m a little bit of a loner. It’s been a big part of my maturing process to learn to allow people to support me. I tend to be very self-reliant and private. And I have this history of wanting to work things out on my own and protect people from what’s going on with me."
Kerry Washington (via young-wanderer)
"25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool"
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
"I’m proud of you and I love you; you will be okay."
something you should tell yourself every day because you should be and you should do, and you really will be. (via metamorphosisofmeg)
"Smooth out your skirt and do not look at him"
Advice for those who love people they shouldn’t (via tobusybeingyours)
"When I first looked back at the Earth, standing on the Moon, I cried."
Alan Shepard, describing his time on the lunar surface during the Apollo 14 mission in 1971 (via whats-out-there)